Today and Every Day birthday card

Hello crafty friends! I am happy to share a project featuring the lovely Today and Every Day stamp set from the new Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember release. My daughter has recently found a new love of playing with watercolors so I had her paint this gorgeous wreath image. I loved it so much I turned them into birthday cards!
Card Base:Top folding half sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock cut to an A2 size card base.
Background: I used a stitched rectangle die to cut out the painted background from watercolor paper. 
Focal Point: The wreath image was stamped onto watercolor paper with antique linen distress ink. This is a great ink to use when you want the lines to disappear when you add watercolor. I added gold and green flicks of color to each version. I have listed some distress ink that you could use instead of watercolor paints.
Sentiment: I used an old birthday die from my stash cut twice from thick white cardstock and adhered it to the center of the wreath. I stamped wishes in gold and green ink. I embossed the gold with gold embossing powder.
I hope you enjoyed this post and got some inspiration! I have listed and linked the supplies that were used to create these cards. I try to find similar items if something is no longer in stock. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simon Says Stamp In My Heart Blog Hop - Day 1

Simon Says Stamp DieCember® Blog Hop - Day 1

Simon Says Stamp Sugar and Spice release Blog Hop Day 1