Gina K Designs Monochromatic
Hi all and welcome to another week of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
This week's challenge theme ~ Monochromatic
This week we are featuring products from Gina K Designs. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would to see what you make. As always just for entering you will be eligible for the drawing of a $25 voucher to the Simon store!
Today I am featuring Gina K Designs Lush Leaves stencil. This is such a gorgeous design of fern like leaves in a beautiful pattern. I just had to make more than one!
The steps to create these cards are all the samel. The only difference is the color of texture paste and sentiment die.
Card Base: I cut a sheet of white cardstock in half and created a top folding landscape A2 size cardbase.
Background: I used a quarter sheet of white cardstock. I applied a light layer of ink with a blending brush. I did this on a stick mat. I then added the stencil over the lightly inked panel and added a layer of colored texture paste. I removed the stencil and let it dry.
Focal Point: I created a focal point by using nested rectangle die. I used a larger rectangle die to cut out the stenciled panel to leave a white border on the card base. I then used a smaller rectangle die to cut out the center of the stenciled panel. I added a white mat to the smaller rectangle cut and adhered it with foam tape to pop it up.
Sentiment: I used three different sentiments by cutting them out of white cardstock three times and adhered them together with craft glue for thickness. I then used thin foam squares to adhere them to the center of the card.
These cards were super simple to make and you can customize them for any occasion just by choosing the sentiment to add to the center.
I think using the texture paste with the stencil really makes these cards special.
Pro tip: Anytime you are adding a "wet" medium to cardstock make sure it is a thick cardstock and when to want to adhere it to the card base, use very strong adhesive tape. I also add a bit of craft glue to the corners to keep them from pulling from the card base over time or when you mail the card.
I hope you give this technique a try. It not only creates a gorgeous texture but is really fun to play with!
I hope you got some inspiration and enjoyed the project I made. I have listed the supplies below for your convenience. Thank you for stopping by!
Supplies:
Now it is your turn! Happy Crafting!
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)


Comments
Post a Comment