Floral Garden Mother's day card

Spring is just nipping at our heels and I needed some color therapy so I pulled out one of my favorite floral stamp sets. The Simon Says Stamp Floral Garden large stamp is so fun to color. I also pulled out my lonely colored pencils for a change. Always good to use items in your stash that haven't been used in a while!πŸ’–
I made this card using an A2 size card base cut from smooth white cardstock. I then used another piece of white cardstock to create my background panel. I trimmed it to leave a bit of a border. Using my MISTI I stamped the large image from the Floral Garden stamp using a light distress ink for that no line color look.
I then colored all the flowers, leaves and stems in with colored pencils in spring colors. I then put the colored panel back in the MISTI to add a scripty all over image in a light green. I cut a few masks for the larger flowers before stamping. I then ink blended the edges with the same green color and adhered the panel to the card base. I die cut the Mom sentiment 3 times and glued together for thickness. I colored the first cut with copic markers and added some clear embossing powder on top for a glossy look. I stamped and embossed the sub-sentiment using gold embossing powder on a strip and added underneath the Mom to finish this card up.
I hope you enjoyed the project I shared and got some inspiration to pull out some older items in your stash that you haven't used in a while! I have listed and linked all the supplies I used. Thank you so much for stopping by! Happy crafting!

Supplies:


Comments

  1. Marisela Delgado said: Love, love, love! So beautiful! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisela Delgado said: And thank you for the link. Yay! Now I know how to do this! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!
    Luv this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your coloring technique is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simon Says Stamp Be Bold Release Blog Hop - Day 1

Simon Says Stamp Splendor release blog hop - day 2

Simon Says Stamp Celebrate release Blog Hop - Day 1