Blossom Bunches Mother's day card

Mother's day has always been tough for me. I lost my own mother when I was young but it doesn't keep me from enjoying making Mother's' day cards to honor her! I've always felt that I got my creative gene from her. One of my earliest memories was being at her knee while she was making an paper owl that was framed that hung above our mantel. Miss her a lot! Anyway, I've been in love with this technique lately of dragging black ink over these gorgeous Blossom Bunches 3d embossing folders from the new Simon Says Stamp Celebrate release.
I have a reel over on my instagram page that shows a bit of this process. I began with a panel of white of cardstock that I ran through the die cut machine using the new embossing folder. I flipped it over and added ink to the de-bossed side. (valley side) 
I then used a black ink pad that was a bit raised to drag directly over the embossed and inked panel to make the colors pop! It creates this gorgeous background for my card. Yes, I added a bit of white splatter with a paintbrush and acrylic paint. I then die cut the Mom die from white cardstock 3 times for thickness and added to the panel. I also stamped and embossed the sub-sentiment with white embossing powder.
I hope you have enjoyed the project I shared and got some inspiration. I have listed and linked the supplies below for your convenience. Please feel free to leave a message if you have any questions. Thank you for stopping by!

Supplies:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember Blog Party

Simon Says Stamp Be Bold Release Blog Hop - Day 1

Simon Says Stamp Cheering For You release Blog Hop - Day 1